Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing method for stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the bodies natural healing abilities, and improves and maintains health. Reiki healing is a natural therapy that balances life energies and brings health and well-being to the recipient.
This simple, non-invasive healing system works with the Higher Self of the Receiver to promote health and well-being of the entire physical, emotional and psychic body. Therefore it is truly a system of attaining and promoting wholeness of Mind, Body and Spirit.
Reiki is a specific type of subtle energy work in which healing is performed by the touch of the hands, allowing the flow of the energy from a limitless source (God Force) to the patient via the Reiki practitioner. It is extremely powerful, yet gentle energy that can be easily channelled to yourself and others, just by intention.
When the flow of the “Life Force Energy” is disrupted, weakened or blocked, emotional or health problems tend to occur. Imbalances can be caused from many situations occurring in our lives, such as: emotional or physical trauma, injury, negative thoughts and feelings, including fear, worry, doubt, anger, anxiety, negative self-talk, toxicity, nutritional depletion, destructive lifestyle and relationships, neglect of self and lack of love for oneself or others, from emotions that are not expressed in a healthy way…
Some Physical Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki works on all chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- First Aid (as it speeds up healing).
- Reduction in pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- Your body being more fully prepared for surgery, including using less anesthesia, and a shortened recovery.
- Tissue regeneration to replace scars and burns.
- Lessening of arthritis pain, stiffness, and increased ease of movements.
- Improved circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- Balancing of the organs and glands and their bodily functions.
- A lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthened immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- Supports pregnancy and childbirth, and afterwards. Many women report painless childbirth using Reiki.
Some Mental Benefits of Reiki
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Help contacting the ‘healer within’ and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep with more vivid dreams during sleep.
- You think clearer and you can ‘see’ clearer.
- Increased self-confidence. You will be able to answer your own questions knowing that you have the answers.
- Enhanced personal awareness.
Some Emotional Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increased intuition, and creativity.
- Increased intuition and creativity leads to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
- A Reiki healing session can induce an extremely comfortable state of being that can bring alteration in the clients consciousness.
- If used with other natural therapies (meditation, A Course In Miracles, crystals, aroma therapy, Bach Flower remedies, homeopathy, etc.) Reiki will reinforce their effect.It can be used also as complementary therapy, because Reiki is truly a complementary care. It complements and enhances the health care the patient receives in the hospital or from other health care providers.
Each session lasts about 50 minutes, but varies according to the needs of each person. Reiki often works progressively and usually the changes are seen from the second or third session (although there is an improvement from the very first session), usually one session per week is sufficient.